Dr. Thomas Butts
Dr. Butts joined our practice in 1989. He completed his undergraduate education and Dental School at the University of Michigan. He completed his surgical residency and Master of Science degree at The Ohio State University Medical Center.
Dr. Butts was also a visiting registrar at Sunderland District General Hospital in Sunderland, England. He is a founding member and former President of the Michigan Dental Society of Anesthesiology, an executive board member of Michigan Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and Chairman of the Anesthesia and Infection Control Committee.
He has lectured on sedation and general anesthesia for the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology at their annual meeting in New York and Chicago. Dr. Butts is also an Outpatient Anesthesia Office Evaluator for the MSOMS. He is on staff at St. Joseph Livingston Hospital, Huron Valley Hospital, and Doctors’ Hospital.
He performs all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including orthognathic surgery, treatment of facial trauma and pathology, and has a special interest in dental implant reconstruction.
He belongs to various professional organizations, such as:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Michigan Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Detroit Academy of Oral Surgery
- Great Lakes Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Michigan Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- American College of Oral Implantology
- Implant Prosthetic Association of the ICOI
Dr. Butts is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and is board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Read what The Red Cross has to say about Oral Surgeon Dr. Thomas Butts.