- Do NOT smoke.
- Take your antibiotics as directed on the bottle.
- Ice can be used for the first 48 hours after surgery. Use the ice pack for 20 min on then 20 min off.
- It is okay to begin gently brushing the teeth on the day of surgery using a soft toothbrush. Avoid the area of the implant.
- If you are numb the day after surgery, please call the office.
- If you were given a prescription mouthwash use as directed on the bottle.
- Keep a soft diet for a couple days and chew on the opposite side.
- Mild oozing of blood is normal for 24-48 hours.
- Call the office if you have persistent heavy bleeding that does not stop with direct pressure on the site or if you have bleeding from a nostril.
- The sutures will dissolve on their own in 7-10 days or will be removed at your follow-up appointment.
- If you are wearing a flipper or an Essix appliance as a replacement tooth, there should be no pressure on the implant. If you feel pressure on the implant, take the appliance out and call the office.
Post-Op Surgical Instructions
Please follow these instructions for your post operative care:
Please review the attached PDF of our complete post-surgical instructions or call our office if you have further questions regarding your surgery.