- DO NOT have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- If you were prescribed an antibiotic by our office, please take as directed. On the morning of surgery, take dose with a sip of water ONLY at least one hour prior to surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult MUST accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow or short sleeves, and low-heeled shoes (no flip flops).
- You will be asked to leave any valuables, including jewelry, wallets, and cell phones with your driver.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or dark or metallic nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office prior to your appointment.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the office prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Our goal is to provide you with a safe and effective anesthetic. In order to do this, it is imperative that we have your full cooperation. Please feel free to contact us with any questions concerning your surgery or anesthetic.